Honorable Andrew J. Wistrich
Roybal Federal Building and United States Courthouse, 255 E. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA, 90012, Courtroom 690, 6th Floor
Law and Motion Schedule:
- Civil motions are heard on: Mondays at 10:00 a.m.
If Monday is a holiday, the next motion date is the following Monday. It is not necessary to clear a motion date with the court clerk prior to filing the motion.
Criminal motions are heard on: contact court clerk to specially set on calendar.
- Discovery motions are to be calendared before the magistrate judge unless otherwise ordered by the district judge.
- Tentative rulings are issued occasionally.
- Procedures for filing an ex parte application:
Follow the local rules. Ex parte applications are generally decided without a hearing.
- To request a continuance of any scheduled court proceeding:
Contact court clerk to reschedule and follow up with a stipulation and proposed order, or application and proposed order.
- Counsel are not allowed to contact the judge's law clerk or secretary.
- Inquiries regarding the status of a motion, stipulation or proposed order:
All inquiries are to be directed to the court clerk. Generally, rulings will be mailed to the parties. Rulings on ex parte applications will usually be disseminated by fax or telephone call.
- Calendar conflicts: Notify the court clerk.
- Procedures for bringing electronic equipment into the courtroom: Contact the court clerk.
- For general information on how to order a transcript of any reported or digitally recorded proceeding, please contact 213-894-3015 or visit the court website (www.cacd.uscourts.gov) section referring to Court Reporter/Recorder Transcripts. If you require an estimate of cost for the preparation of a transcript, contact the court reporter/recorder for the desired proceeding.
To determine the court reporter/recorder for a particular proceeding, go to the Court Reporter Schedule web page and click on View by Date. Once you've determined the correct court reporter/recorder for the desired session, click on Court Reporter Phone and Email List for contact information.
- Law clerk/extern positions:
Submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and law school transcript to the magistrate judge.
- Trial preparation: The Court will issue an order advising counsel of what is required.
The court hours during trial are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Procedures for obtaining the services of an interpreter on a civil case:
Counsel are to make their own arrangements to have a court interpreter present.