To obtain a free PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records) account for use in your CJA cases, follow the procedure below:
- Go to the PACER online registration page at: https://pacer.gov/psco/cgi-bin/regform.pl 
- For "Firm Name," type in "CJA" and then your name.
- For "Contact Person," type in "CJA" and then your name.
- Fill in the remaining fields as you usually would, but do not fill in the "Credit Card Information" section.
- PACER recommends that you fill in the "Password Security Information" section so PACER can verify your identity if you forget or lose the password specific to this free CJA PACER account, and can send you the password by e-mail. If you do not complete this section, PACER must send you the information by regular mail.
A quarterly report is prepared for each court showing the use of these free accounts.
If you have any questions, contact:
PACER Service Center
P.O. Box 780549
San Antonio, TX 78278
The PACER Service Center's hours are: 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., CST, Monday through Friday.