When a litigant with a case in another district is seeking to get a subpoena issued to a party or non-party in the Central District of California, the litigant is required to submit the following documents:
- Letter to the Clerk requesting an out-of-district subpoena to be issued in person or U.S. Mail.
- Company check or cashier’s check for $46 and a completed subpoena. If in person, cash is accepted.
- Completed subpoena (AO-88, AO-88A or AO-88B).
- Copy if confirmation needed.
- Self-addressed stamped envelope.
The clerk will issue the out-of-district subpoena assign a miscellaneous case number and mail the subpoena to the litigant.
Should it become necessary to seek enforcement of the out-of-district subpoena, the moving party shall file with the Clerk a Motion to Enforce Subpoena upon which a civil case number and district judge will be assigned.