The Local Civil Rules, Local Rules for Admiralty and Maritime Claims and Asset Forfeiture Actions, Local Criminal Rules, and Local Rules Governing Bankruptcy Appeals, Cases, and Proceedings that will be effective December 1, 2012, have been posted on the Court’s website and accompany the electronic version of this notice. Please note that the following rules have been added or amended:
Local Civil Rules:
- 4-4 [Summons - Service of Process - Habeas Corpus Proceedings]
- 7.1-1 [Notice of Interested Parties]
- 11-3 [Documents Presented to the Court - Form and Notice] - in particular, 11-3.4 [Original; Copies], 11-3.5 [Pre-Punching of Documents], and 11-4.1 [In General]
- 54-1 [Determination of Prevailing Party] et seq. (regarding recovery of costs pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 54)
- 72-5 [Motion to Disqualify Magistrate Judge]
- 83-6 [Possession and Use of Broadcasting, Recording, Photography, and Communications Equipment in the Court]
Rules for Admiralty and Maritime Claims and Asset Forfeiture Actions:
- G.1. (83) Deserting Seamen Cases
Rules Governing Bankruptcy Appeals, Cases, and Proceedings:
- RULE 8 (8018-8). PRO HAC VICE APPEARANCES
These additions and amendments are identified by footnotes in the text.
All proceedings in cases commenced on or after December 1, 2012, and, insofar as just and practicable, all proceedings then pending will be governed by these rules.
Clerk of Court