The Court has preliminarily approved the amended Local Civil and Criminal Rules that accompany this notice. The proposed effective date for these amended rules is June 1, 2013. The amended rules are posted on the Court’s website, and include the following:
Local Civil Rules:
• 4-4 [Summons - Service of Process - Habeas Corpus Proceedings]
• 5-3 [Serving Documents]
• 5-4 [Filing Documents]
• 7-3 [Conference of Counsel Prior to Filing of Motions]
• 54-2 [Application to Tax Costs Pursuant to F.R.Civ.P. 54(d); Bill of Costs]
• 54-11 [Filing Date for Motions to Award Costs Not Governed by F.R.Civ.P. 54(d)]
• 83-2 [Attorneys; People Without Attorneys]
• 83-4 [Student Practice]
Local Criminal Rules:
• 46-1.2 [Bail Previously Fixed by District Judge]
Members of the public are invited to submit comments on these amended rules. Comments may be submitted to <email@example.com > or in hard copy to Terry Nafisi, District Court Executive and Clerk of Court, 312 N. Spring Street, Room G-11, Los Angeles, California 90012. No facsimile transmissions will be considered.
All comments must be submitted no later than March 18, 2013. All timely received comments will be considered by the Court before final adoption of the rules.
District Court Executive
February 14, 2013