Instructions For Requesting A Certificate Re Search For Grievances Electronically

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Requests for a certificate re search for grievances must be submitted electronically through CM/ECF. There is no fee required. Refer to the following step-by-step instructions.

  1. Log in to CM/ECF using your court-assigned CM/ECF login and password.
  2. On the blue menu bar, click Civil > Other Filings > Attorney Certificates.
  3. A case number with case type ‘mc’ will be displayed. Click NEXT.
  4. Select Request for Certificate re Search For Grievances from the list of available events. Click NEXT.
  5. The screen will display a message that only one certificate re search for grievance can be requested by this electronic filing. Click NEXT.
  6. Enter the following information for the attorney in which a certificate re search for grievances is requested: California State Bar number, full name of the attorney, and e-mail address where the certificate should be sent. Click NEXT.
  7. Click NEXT.
  8. The Docket Text: Final Text screen appears. Click NEXT to complete the transaction.
  9. The Notice of Electronic Filing screen appears. You should print or save the Notice of Electronic Filing screen for a record of this transaction because no electronic notice will be sent for this event.

If you do not receive your certificate by e-mail within three business days, contact Attorney Admissions at If you have a problem completing your request in CM/ECF, contact the CM/ECF Helpdesk at (213) 894-0242 or