Hardware and Software Requirements for Electronic Filing
The following hardware and software requirements are needed to file documents electronically in the Central District of California:
- Personal computer: PC clone or Apple Macintosh.
- Operating system: Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7 or Macintosh (OS 9 or higher).
- Internet connection. (Broadband is recommended.)
- Internet Explorer (version 9.x or higher); or
- Mozilla Firefox (version 15.x or higher). or
- Safari (versions 5.1/6.x or higher).
- PDF converter software, such as Adobe Acrobat (Version 5.0 or higher). Do not use software that embeds advertisements in the creation of the PDF document.
- Word processor, such as WordPerfect or Microsoft Word.
- Scanner for imaging documents: any scanner capable of converting images to OCR PDF format. (Image resolution must be between 200-300 dpi for smaller file size.)
- E-mail account: any provider. Set spam software to accept documents from cacd.uscourts.gov.
- PACER log-in and password.
PACER accounts can be established through the PACER Service Center. To do so, visit their website at http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov or contact them at:
PACER Service Center
P.O. Box 780549
San Antonio, TX 78278