Honorable Alicia G Rosenberg

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version
Magistrate Judge

​United States Courthouse, 312 N. Spring St., Los Angeles, CA, 90012, Courtroom B, 8th Floor.​

Law and Motion Schedule: 
  1. Civil motions are heard on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m. It is not necessary to clear a civil motion date with the court clerk prior to filing the motion. Criminal motions are scheduled as required.
  2. UNDER SEAL DOCUMENTS (CRIMINAL): Effective July 8, 2013, all proposed sealed documents must be submitted via e-mail to the Chambers e-mail at AGR_Chambers@cacd.uscourts.gov. For instructions, please see the order below.
  3. UNDER SEAL AND IN CAMERA DOCUMENTS (CIVIL): Effective December 1, 2015, counsel are referred to the procedures in Local Rules 79-5 and 79-6.
  4. Stipulated Protective Orders: A form protective order is available for download below under "Additional Documents."
  5. Discovery motions are to be scheduled before the magistrate judge, if referred by the district judge. See Local Rule 37. The parties may contact the CRD to request a discovery conference before the court to raise disputes over discovery. Please note that the parties must confer in a good faith effort to eliminate the discovery disputes at issue before requesting the discovery conference.
  6. Tentative rulings usually are not issued. 
  7. Procedures for filing an ex parte application: Strict compliance with Local Rule 7-19 is required. A FILED, stamped , mandatory chambers copy must be delivered directly to the jude’s chambers. The opposition shall be due within 24 hours after service of the ex parte application. If an extension of time for filing the opposition is necessary, please contact the court clerk. The Court will notify the parties if a telephonic hearing is desired. Please note that, absent an emergency, ex parte applications may not be used to obtain a ruling on a discovery dispute.
Judges' Procedures: 
  1. To request a continuance of any scheduled court proceeding, parties should submit a signed stipulation and proposed order. If it is necessary to file an ex parte application to request a continuance, the application must, in addition to complying with Local Rule 7-11 and paragraph 5 above, set forth the opposing counsel’s position.
  2. Counsel are not allowed to contact the judge’s secretary or law clerk.
  3. Inquires regarding the status of a motion, stipulation or proposed order should be made to the court’s clerk. Also, please refer to Local Rule 11-4.5.
  4. Calendar conflicts: Advise the court clerk in advance about a calendar conflict and attempt to stipulate to an alternative date and time with opposing counsel after clearing the alternative date and time with the court’s clerk.
  5. Counsel should contact the court’s clerk regarding procedures for bringing electronic equipment into the courtroom.
    • Arrangements for bringing voluminous exhibits into the courtroom may be made through the Space and Facilities Help Desk, at (213) 894-1400.
    • For information regarding ELMO reservations and/or training, please visit the court website (www.cacd.uscourts.gov) section referring to Courtroom Technology. Alternatively, you may contact the Courtroom Technology Help Desk at 213-894-3061.
  6. For general information on how to order a transcript of any reported or digitally recorded proceeding, please contact 213-894-3015 or visit the court website (www.cacd.uscourts.gov) section referring to Court Reporter/Recorder Transcripts. If you require an estimate of cost for the preparation of a transcript, contact the court reporter/recorder for the desired proceeding.
    To determine the court reporter/recorder for a particular proceeding, go to the Court Reporter Schedule web page and click on View by Date. Once you've determined the correct court reporter/recorder for the desired session, click on Court Reporter Phone and Email List for contact information.
  7. Trial preparation: Counsel should comply with Local Rule 16 et seq.
  8. Procedures for obtaining the services of an interpreter on a civil case: If the government is the moving party, contact the court clerk. All others may contact the Interpreter’s Section at 213-894-4599.
  9. Other Information: All settlement conference papers should be delivered directly to chambers.