Archived Cases Information
Criminal cases 2007 to the present, and civil cases 2008 to the present, will not be archived, these files are available electronically on PACER. You are able to request certified or uncertified photocopies of selected documents or the entire case file directly from FRC.
If you need to retrieve a file, you will need to provide the accession, location and box numbers to FRC. This information may be obtained from the court's Federal Records Center (FRC) web site.
If there are no search results, please contact the appropriate divisional office.
Ordering archived files:
Visit The National Archives
- Select "Order Reproductions"
- Under Record Reproductions select "Court Records"
- Choose a civil or criminal case
- Select the item you wish to order
- Select delivery format and Add to Cart
- You will need to register for a free account. If you already have an account you will need to log in
- Enter archive numbers provided by the district court
- Proceed with payment
You can also request one box of records through our records department for a retrieval fee of $64.00. For retrievals involving muliple boxes, a fee of $39.00 for each additional box is required. Forward payment to:
Correspondence Clerk Records Dept. Rm G-8
US District Court
312 N. Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Include a case number, case name, and archive information of the file you want to view. Please provide your contact information: full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. Do not send payment without this information.
Payments that do not follow the court’s guidelines will be returned unprocessed.
- You need to submit payment first before we can order the file.
- Shipments have an estimated arrival time of 5 to 10 days (Shipments are directed to our court house in Los Angeles)
- The Records Department will notify you when the file arrives at the court house (provide a telephone number and /or e-mail )
- Once you have been notified of the availability of the file you may request uncertified copies through the Records clerk.
- If you need certified copies please provide a document number needed (see case docket first). We would then quote you on the page count and pricing.
Photocopies are charged at $0.50 per page. Certifications are charged at $11.00 per document.
The above quoted rates are established pursuant to Title 26, Section 1914 of the United States Code.
Do not send payment for copies unless we have quoted you.
National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
Depending on the case status, some cases from 1995 and prior might be housed in the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). Microfiche and Microfilm are no longer available through our Records Department. Effective May 2013 microfiche and microfilm requests need to be submitted through the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). Please contact NARA at (951) 956-2000, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.