E-Filing a Request for a Certificate re Search for Grievances

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Requests for certificates regarding the results of a search for grievances must be submitted electronically through the Court’s electronic filing system.  There is no fee required. Step-by-step instructions for e-filing a request are set forth below.

  1. Log in to the Court’s electronic filing system using your own username and password.
  2. On the menu bar at the top of the screen, click Civil > Other Filings > Attorney Certificates.
  3. A case number with case type “mc” will be displayed.  Click NEXT.
  4. Select Request for Certificate re Search for Grievances from the list of available events.  Click NEXT.
  5. The screen will display a message that only one certificate may be requested at a time.  Click NEXT.
  6. Enter the following information for the attorney for whom a certificate re search for grievances is being requested:  California State Bar number, full name of the attorney, and email address where the certificate should be sent.  Click NEXT.
  7. Click NEXT.
  8. The “Docket Text: Final Text” screen appears.  Click NEXT to complete the transaction.
  9. The Notice of Electronic Filing screen appears.  You should print or save the Notice of Electronic Filing screen for a record of this transaction because no electronic notice will be sent for this event.

If you do not receive your certificate by e-mail within three business days, contact Attorney Admissions at cacd_attyadm@cacd.uscourts.gov.  If you have a problem e-filing your request, contact the CM/ECF Helpdesk at (213) 894-0242 or ecf-helpdesk@cacd.uscourts.gov.