Instructions For Requesting Attorney Certificates

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Attorneys may now request certificates re: search for grievances, duplicate admission certificates, and verification of admission, in addition to certificates of good standing, electronically using the Court’s Case Management/Electronic Case Filing (CM/ECF) System.  The required fees must be paid online at the time the request is submitted.  Completion of a Request For Attorney Information form G-63 is not required.  To request any of these certificates through CM/ECF, an attorney must be a registered CM/ECF user.  Electronic certificates of good standing, search for grievances and verification of admission will be e-mailed to the requestor within three business days.  Duplicate admission certificates will be sent by U.S. mail within four weeks. 

Follow the step-by-step instructions for electronically submitting the following requests (please note the event Request for Certificate of Good Standing is now accessed from the Civil category Other Filings and selecting Attorney Certificates):

Certificate of Good Standing

Certificate Re Search For Grievances

Duplicate Admission Certificate

Verification of Admission

If you need assistance, contact the CM/ECF Helpdesk at (213) 894-0242 or

Effective September 1, 2016, all requests for certificates of good standing, search for grievances, duplicate admission certificates and verification of admission must be submitted electronically through CM/ECF and the required fee paid by credit card at the time of submission unless the requestor is not a registered CM/ECF user.  If you are not a registered CM/ECF user, submit a completed Request For Attorney Admission Information, form G-63 and the required fee to the Clerk’s Office.