Registration of Out-of-District Judgments
To register an out-of-district judgment with the United States District Court, Central District of California:
1) Complete a Clerk's Certification of a Judgment To Be Registered in Another District (Form AO-451) and submit it to the district court that entered the judgment, in accordance with that court's procedures; the form should be returned to you signed by the clerk, with a certified copy of the judgment attached.
2) Scan the signed AO-451 form and the certified copy of the judgment as a single PDF file.
3) Open a civil miscellaneous case in this Court's CM/ECF System and electronically file the combined AO-451/judgment PDF file as the case-initiating document. You will be prompted to pay the $46 filing fee online. See our Electronic Case Opening page for additional information.
To obtain a certified copy of a judgment entered in this Court for registration in another district:
1) Complete a Clerk's Certification of a Judgment To Be Registered in Another District (Form AO-451).
2) Submit the completed AO-451 to the Clerk's Office for the Central District of California. You may submit the form in person at any one of the Court's three divisions, or you may mail the completed form, together with payment and a self-addressed, postage-paid, return envelope, to: Clerk's Office, U.S. District Court, Attn: Civil Intake, 312 N. Spring St., Room G-8, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
3) Pay the required fee: $11.00 for each judgment to be certified, plus $0.50 per page for each page of the judgment. See Schedule of Fees.
4) Your AO-451 form will be returned to you with a certified copy of the judgment; take these documents to the district in which you want to register the judgment, and follow that court's procedures for doing so.